What is Consultancy BenchPress?
Consultancy BenchPress is the only benchmarking survey specifically focused on the performance of founder-led consulting businesses. The Consultancy BenchPress Report is compiled from the results of the survey and presents real and relevant comparable KPI data alongside insights, tips and tools to support the growth of ambitious boutique consultancies.
Participation in the annual Consultancy BenchPress survey offers the opportunity to compare your key performance metrics with those of the top-performing and most profitable consultancies in the market.
Who is Consultancy BenchPress for?
Owners and leaders of consultancies based in the UK&I with more than 3 staff and turning over less than £30m should complete the Consultancy BenchPress survey. A new survey is launched every autumn – each one asks a series of financial performance questions before delving into a specific theme such as talent retention, winning new business or leading a high performing consultancy.
“The data and insights that we’re revealing are taking boutique consultancy leaders on a transformational journey. They are becoming inspired and equipped to build their own high-performing consulting businesses.”Peter Czapp, founder of BenchPress
Why should I complete the Consultancy BenchPress survey?
Participating in Consultancy BenchPress has three key benefits.
- Answering the questions holds a mirror up to your consultancy’s performance in the most relevant areas for growing a valuable and sustainable consulting business right now.
- Anonymously including your data in the Consultancy BenchPress dataset ensures that the Consultancy BenchPress Report is as representative of the boutique consultancy market as possible – giving you better, more relevant insights.
- Survey participants are given early exclusive access to the Report findings at an event in London, during which they can ask experts their questions and share experiences and ideas with peers based on those findings.
How does Consultancy BenchPress use my survey responses?
Alongside insights from Growth Experts, former founders and specialist advisors in fields such as sales, marketing, finance and people management, the results of the survey are used to compile the market’s most comprehensive insight-led benchmarking report, The Consultancy BenchPress Report.
“Insight into what high-performing consultancies are doing, and understanding where you need to prioritise your limited time and resources to improving your performance, has been absent in our market for too long.”Marc Jantzen, founder of The Consultancy Growth Network
Take the survey
The Consultancy BenchPress 2023 survey is now live. The key themes of the survey this year are sales, marketing and pricing. When the survey results are analysed, the 2023 Consultancy BenchPress report will reveal:
- the pricing strategies of the best-performing consultancies
- the most effective ways of picking up new clients
- the average client value of consultancies your size
- utilisation rates at all levels for the most profitable consultancies.
Previous Consultancy BenchPress reports
Consultancy BenchPress full report 2022
Core themes: finding and retaining talent
Consultancy BenchPress full report 2020/21
Core themes: day rates and sources of new business
Who produces Consultancy BenchPress?
Consultancy BenchPress is a collaboration between The Consultancy Growth Network and The Wow Company.
The Consultancy Growth Network is an international community for consulting business owners and their teams to access insights, introductions and actionable advice. www.consultancygrowthnetwork.com
The Wow Company is an accountancy practice that specialises in working with consulting and creative businesses. They provide the insights to help you make better decisions. www.thewowcompany.com
Find out more
Speak to Luke if you would like to know more about Consultancy BenchPress or membership of The Consultancy Growth Network.