Core consulting skills
Training Course Benefits
The ‘Core consulting skills’ course has been developed exclusively for members of The Consultancy Growth Network. This ensures it is highly relevant to the context of consulting on behalf of a boutique consulting firm.
More confidence in dealing with clients
Proven methodologies and tools leading to a more structured consulting approach
Better client engagement leading to longer term relationships
Clearer, more convincing recommendations, backed up with compelling visuals
Greater consistency, efficiency and effectiveness
This Training Course is for:
- relatively new consultants, typically with less than 2 years’ consulting experience
- you may be a graduate or you may have come from industry and want to learn the ways of a professional consultant.
As a result of completing this course, consultants will be able to
- solve complex problems efficiently for maximum return on effort
- structure your thinking and develop credible hypotheses
- use your hypothesis to create a focused work plan
- practice interacting in ways that will build trust with clients using ‘POST’ (Purpose, Outcomes, Structure, Timing)
- use ‘high gain questions’ to test your hypothesis and impress your clients
- document relevant consulting deliverables
- create your personal work plan
- develop a compelling narrative using a ‘key messages page’
- create your executive summary loop to help your clients take action
- apply the ‘trust equation’ to develop effective client relationships.
Your cohort of 6-9 delegates will experience:
- case study led content with lots of feedback and on the spot coaching
- four 3.5 hour, online group workshops spread over a 4 week period
- coaching pod to provide support with applying skills to specific client engagements
- dedicated slack group providing on-going peer and facilitator support.
Honeycomb are a community of expert management and strategy consultants, focused on developing consulting skills in large and boutique professional service firms.
The team have backgrounds in top tier consulting firms including Bain, Accenture and McKinsey.
Deri has 18 years consulting experience at Bain and in independent consultancies. He is the founder of Honeycomb PS and has trained 100s of consultants on the full range of core consulting skills.
Mark is a former Global Director of EY and has developed training programmes for 3,000 senior practitioners worldwide. He is an accredited leadership coach and trainer and has over 20 years consulting experience.
Rachel has been a consultant for over 20 years and has trained 100s of consultants and non-consultants in boutique consulting firms to develop their strategy and consulting skills. She is also a board advisor providing strategic guidance and digital transformation support.
James has over 15 years’ consulting experience across strategy and technology firms, including McKinsey and Accenture. He has 9 years NHS operations and Leadership experience and is a qualified executive coach.
Upcoming course dates
|2023 – Friday mornings, 9.30 – 1pm|
£1,195 per delegate – includes 20% discount for members of The Consultancy Growth Network
£1,495 per delegate
Find out more and reserve your place
Members, to reserve your place contact Luke.
If you are not a member of The Consultancy Growth Network, speak to Luke about membership.