Terms of membership
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Services to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before applying for membership or purchasing any Services from us. Please note that terms with any third parties as part of your membership are subject to those third parties’ terms.
Members shall be bound during the continuance of membership by these Terms, including any amendments made in accordance with the details set out below.
1. Information about us
1.1 The Consultancy Growth Network Ltd, company number: 12267746 operates the website consultancygrowthnetwork.com.
1.2. Contacting us: You may contact us by emailing email@example.com if you wish to give us formal notice of any matter in accordance with these Terms.
2. Membership Applications
2.1 Applications for membership can be submitted through an enquiry via our website and will be considered by The Consultancy Growth Network, who have the right to refuse applications.
2.2. We will confirm our acceptance of your application by sending you an email confirming your membership. The Contract between us will only be formed when the first payment is taken from your account.
2.3. Membership options: Depending on the membership you have purchased, we will provide you with access to our packages. The following membership packages are available:
2.3.1. Starter Membership with the benefits set out in Appendix A to these terms;
2.3.2. Professional Membership with the additional benefits as set out in Appendix B to these terms; or
2.3.3. Premier Membership with the additional benefits as set out in Appendix C to these terms.
2.4 Code of Conduct: All members must comply with the code of conduct in Appendix D and failure to do so will entitle The Consultancy Growth Network to terminate your membership and/or bar you from attendance at events.
3. Membership Payments, Renewals, Changes and Cancellations
3.1. Payments: Membership is on an annual or monthly basis. Annual subscriptions will be automatically renewed each year until it is terminated by either party. You will automatically be charged using the same payment method you first supplied. Monthly subscriptions will continue on a rolling basis until terminated by either party.
3.2. Change of membership: We require one month’s notice in writing for a change from a Starter Membership to a Professional Membership. You may change to become a Premier Member at any time by informing us in writing. Your membership status will remain unchanged until we inform you as to when the change will be effective as it depends on having enough Premier Members to form a new cohort. We are unable to offer refunds to members changing from a Premier Member to a Professional or Starter Member, or a Professional Member to a Starter Member.
3.3. Access outside your package: If you wish to access events or mentors outside of your membership package you may purchase these separately. Prices are available on request. If within one month of the event you change to a membership package that includes that event, then you will be charged as though you joined on the date of the event and the price you paid will be deducted from your membership fee.
3.4. Ending your subscription: Once you have paid your subscription there is a 14 day cooling off period during which you can get a full refund. Once that date is passed you can still cancel your subscription and terminate the delivery of our services however such termination will not result in a refund.
3.5. All information provided by you to us must be true and accurate at the point of applying. Please notify us immediately of any changes to your email, account or billing information. You will also receive a notice if there are any changes to these Terms.
4. Prices and Payment
4.1. Prices: The prices for membership, events, workshops and online resources are payable either annually in advance or via a monthly subscription. We shall be under no obligation to provide membership or access to any events or resources until payment has been received in full.
4.2. Discounts: A member may join at a discounted rate if they receive a promotional code through The Consultancy Growth Network or a third party with whom The Consultancy Growth Network has a formal agreement. This discount may be for a free trial or a discount on the annual fee for a set period of time. The discount is only valid for the set determined period.
4.3. Membership fees and prices of other services may change from time to time. Any changes that impact existing members will be notified in writing.
4.4. If we do not receive payment authorisation for a service or if the authorisation is cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend access to your membership.
4.5. All prices are expressed exclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your application and the date of acceptance, we will adjust the VAT you pay.
4.6. We only accept payment for membership via GoCardless direct debit.
5. Your personal information
7. Intellectual property
7.1. The content of our site, our online forums, events, and content on subsidiary connected platforms and all Services sold via our site is wholly owned by The Consultancy Growth Network or we have a third party licence to sell the service. You may retrieve and display the content for your own personal, noncommercial use. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content without written permission from us.
7.2. If you agree to provide, take part in or feature in any content for The Consultancy Growth Network, that content is wholly owned by us and you may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes without written permission from us.
8. Our liability
8.1. We only supply Services including membership for internal use by you, and you agree not to use any parts of your Services or membership for any resale purposes.
8.2. We will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill; or
- any indirect or consequential loss.
8.3. It is your responsibility to ensure that membership, any event, or any Services are suitable to your requirements. We are happy to offer advice, but accept no liability in the event that membership or any content provided does not meet your requirements.
8.4. We give no guarantee that by becoming a member, attending events, taking or following advice, and/or engaging with an online resource that you will experience success in any business or activity. That will be down to you. We do believe though that by being a member of The Consultancy Growth Network your probability of success is increased.
8.5. We make no promise that materials on our site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom. If you choose to access our site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
8.6. Our site and subsidiary sites contains links to external internet websites as part of the services on offer with your membership package. Whilst we have chosen them to the best of our knowledge and belief, we do not endorse or guarantee in any way advice given by other members, the external organisations, services, advice, or products included in these external website links. Nor do we in any way control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained in them. All services offered by external service or product providers are subject to their terms of business. You are therefore responsible for checking those terms of business and The Consultancy Growth Network has no responsibility in this regard.
9. Communications between us
9.1. Any communication given by you to us, or by us to you, under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered by email.
9.2 Any notice or communication shall be deemed to have been received one business day after the email has been sent.
9.3. In proving the service of any notice or communication, it will be sufficient to prove that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
9.4. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
10. Event cancellation
10.1 Whilst we will use all reasonable endeavours to retain agreed dates for events set out on this website, we reserve the right to reschedule, amend or cancel any one or more of the events for any reason (including, without limitation, by reason of a Force Majeure). Where we are required to or decide to cancel a face to face event outright we shall notify members of such cancellation as soon as possible in writing.
10.2 The parties agree that we shall not be in breach of this agreement by virtue of that cancellation or abandonment.
11. Rights and obligations
11.1. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
11.2. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
11.3. This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
11.4. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
12.1 A Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
12.2 We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including noncontractual disputes or claims).
Appendix A – Starter Membership
- Option to take part in the benchmark survey of consultancy KPIs
- Access to our 24/7 peer community
- Access to occasional specialist consultations (marketing, recruitment and more)
- Insight webinars and online resources
- On occasion, members may be approached by The Consultancy Growth Network with opportunities to feature on The Consultancy Growth Network’s website including webinars, videos, podcasts, or to appear at events hosted or publicised by The Consultancy Growth Network.
- Opportunities to appear on all online / offline content will be determined by The Consultancy Growth Network.
- All content, whether online or offline, including presentations delivered at events are to be approved by The Consultancy Growth Network before being uploaded or given.
- All online content must be in line with The Consultancy Growth Network’s Code of Conduct (Appendix D) and our creative guidelines.
Appendix B – Professional Membership
All of the benefits of Starter members plus the following benefits:
- Five networking and learning events per year
- A one-to-one strategic review in the first year of membership with a growth expert. The review will be 90 minutes via video or telephone conference or where possible face to face subject to availability of the growth expert
- Four industry-specific digital roundtables per year
- Five practical workshops per year.
Appendix C – Premier Membership
All of the benefits of Professional Members plus the following benefits:
- Six one-to-one mentoring sessions. Each one being 90 minutes via video or telephone conference or where possible face to face subject to availability of the growth expert
- Six group mentoring sessions per year.
Appendix D – Code of Conduct
In order to participate in the Consultancy Growth Network and get the most from our services you must keep our core values in mind:
- Abundance Mentality – a belief that there’s plenty of work to go around. This leads to openly sharing experiences and ideas.
- Collective Ambition – challenge each other with curiosity and compassion, be proactive in our endeavours to create opportunity for all members through partnerships and other means.
- Mutual Trust – the community can only thrive where members feel safe and fellow members have their interest at heart.
The Consultancy Growth Network strives to be a fullyinclusive community for all consultancy owners. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our community for everyone. We want you to be happy in our community and adhering to this code of conduct will help make a better experience for all.
We do not tolerate harassment of members, staff, or participants in our events, in any form, online or offline. Violations include, but are not limited to:
- offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion
- sexual comments or images in public or directly to event attendees, without permission
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- inappropriate physical contact; unwelcome sexual attention
- photography or recording of specific participants unless explicit permission has been given. Please note that photography and videoing of presentations is generally permitted, unless stated beforehand
- sharing of confidential information unless given explicit permission.
- we sometimes video and photograph the Consultancy Growth Network events for use on our blog and social media. If you would prefer not to feature in these, please make this known to one of the team at the beginning of the event or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Anyone asked to cease in any of the behaviour listed above will be expected to comply immediately. On receiving a report of violations, The Consultancy Growth Network staff, associates or event organisers / contractors working on their behalf may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, or expulsion from an event, or cessation of membership with no refund.
If you have any concerns relating to this code of conduct, please contact the Consultancy Growth Network’s owner, Marc Jantzen at 07970 027662 or email@example.com. Alternatively, speak to a member of the team at an event. All reports will be treated in the strictest confidence.